Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Give All When You Have Nothing



A lot of people close to me have been breathing down my neck asking me why I don't have a legitimate job that would legitimize my college degree. I went to college really for one reason. Cause my mother wanted me to. There was no way I was going to major in math, foreign language, history.......etc. I don't have the attention span for that. But I do have the attention span for music and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to go to college in my own back yard and study the business of the industry.

I couldn't of predicted the what the industry is right now, 6 yrs ago. I'm stuck, fucked & legally poor. How do I get up each day? I am lucky enough to manage a band that I think has the chance to becoming something. I put every ounce of energy into this project for little or no return in hopes of it becoming something that will launch all of us into a life we could of never imagined.

I was talking to a friend the other day and told him that I think we are all doing this a) we 30000% believe in it and b) we have nothing else in our lives. If I can't make this happen......well it will happen. I will be sure of that.

1 comment:

Morgan S said...

Not that my opinion should matter much, but to me it is refreshing that you are doing what YOU want to do. Many people would go to school and find some dead end job that they hate and 10 years down the road regret it. If it makes you happy then that is all that matters!